The GT Pedicle Fixation System was designed by a number of leading neuro- and orthopaedic surgeons in conjunction with metallurgical and mechanical engineers for the purpose of providing stable fixation of the spine while fusion and healing take place.
A proven concept of pedicular fixation is used with varying options of screw length in order to accommodate the anatomy of the patient.
Instrumentation is easy to use and is made of high quality materials using the latest technology and machinery available while reducing both operating time and risk to the patient.
- Degenerative disc disease (as defined by back pain of discogenic origin with degeneration of the disc confirmed by patient history and radiographic studies).
- Spinal stenosis.(in association with discectomy or decompression).
- Stabilising of a fracture of the lower spine
- Stabilisation of a spondylolisthesis
- Extension of previous arthrodesis
Pedicular fixation is restricted to surgeons who have undergone thorough training in the insertion of trans-pedicular screws.
The gt pedicle fixation system is not to be used with any other pedicle fixation system as it may reduce the effectiveness of the system, leading to failure of the implants.