- User friendly instrumentation
- Smaller wound site than with ORIF
- Different nail lengths and diameters
- Provides alternative to ORIF for unstable ankle fractures
- Rigid fixation with excellent stability, thus a shorter hospital stay
The Tusker Fibula nail system has been designed by a number of leading orthopaedic surgeons and has been manufactured using advanced engineering principles and state-of-the-art machinery.
This together with cutting edge materials ensure that the Tusker Fibula Nail is of the highest quality available in order to benefit the patient.
A variety of sizes and lengths are available to suit the individual patient’s anatomy and requirements.
- Non comminuted lateral malleolus fractures without syndesmotic injury
- Unstable ankle fractures
- Ankle fracture with talar subluxation
- Patients that are at risk of sepsis (e.g.-elderly and diabetics)
- Patients that are at risk of soft tissue irritation due to retained orif hardware under the skin
Surgeons using the tusker fibula nail must be knowledgeable in the medical and surgical aspects of the implant, as well as the limitations of the metallurgical and mechanical properties of the implants.
Correct selection of the implant components is critical to the success of the procedure.