Saturn Hip Replacement Arthroplasty
- Tripod-Finned Cup
- User friendly instruments
- Dual coated cup-bone interface
- Evenly spaced as-cast bead configuration
- Unique Ortholith® Coated articulation surfaces
- Acclaimed Diamond Standard Hip Replacement Arthroplasty
- Implants manufactured from high carbon ‘as cast’ cobalt chrome alloy with clinical history as a hip bearing of over 40 years.
- Articulating surfaces are coated with ortholith®, a diamond like carbon, for hardness and lubricity.
- Specifications of surface roundness and diameter mismatch are aligned with the latest manufacturing technology.
- Cups are hemispherical - ensuring correct seating on impaction, coated with a titanium plasma spray and a hydroxyapatite layer for cementless implantation, thereby eliminating chromium contact with bone (which would inhibit further on-growth) when the HA is inevitably eventually resorbed.
- Saturn beads are uniformly spaced using a unique casting technology ensuring optimal bone interlock and reproducibility from one implant to the next. (unlike earlier versions where the beaded bone integrating surface had beads that were randomly spaced)
- Saturn is manufactured in a comprehensive range of sizes and options including both cemented and cementless femoral components, a dysplasia cup option (in case of a deficient acetabulum) and a range of modular heads (should resurfacing not be indicated and for the rare occasion that a revision of a resurfacing becomes necessary).
- Saturn instrumentation is designed to simplify use as we continually strive to develop new and better solutions with surgeons as required.